Navigators work within Tech Dome Penang area and their main job is to make the experience of the visitors as pleasant as possible and to assist staff of Tech Dome Penang in carrying out their duties. Specifically Navigators:
- explain the scientific concepts and help visitors interact or play with the exhibits,
- assist visitors with their needs while they visit Tech Dome Penang for e.g. giving directions, directing and recommending them to other exhibits, giving out pamphlets, helping visitors to use the Tech Dome Penang app, conducting surveys, etc
- reports faults, test run, start-up/shut-down and suggest improvement in exhibits,
A Navigator must
- be above 18 years of age (no upper age limit),
- have a bright and cheerful personality and comfortable meeting people,
- minimum passed Form 5
- have good communication skills.
Tech Dome Penang will operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. The slots for volunteers are in 4 hour shifts i.e.
Shift A 10 a.m.– 2:30 p.m. (half hour lunch to be taken between 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.).
Shift B 2:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. (15 mins tea break to be taken between 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Navigators are allowed to do double shifts and there is no restriction on how many days they choose to come. However, the assignment of hours will be determined by staff of Tech Dome Penang. Benefits
Remuneration and other benefits for volunteers are being worked out and shall be announced at a later date.